PhD Program International DIM C-BRAINS
This call for applications for the PHD Program International closed on March 03, 2023.
In partnership with the FNP, the Institut du Cerveau and the CEA, this first call for projects for the 2022-2023 International PHD Program of the DIM C-BRAINS resulted in the submission of 72 subjects, all of high quality.
One of the major objectives of the DIM C-BRAINS is to contribute to the training of a new generation of researchers in neuroscience and cognition, by reinforcing the attractiveness and visibility of research in the Paris region at the highest international level.
This international doctoral program is specifically dedicated to students currently enrolled in a master's program and/or internship outside France, who would like to pursue a thesis in one of the DIM C-BRAINS priority areas.
In addition to being competitive, it offers a 3-year remuneration package, a bonus as well as assistance with settling in the Paris region, a training budget and French language courses.
A total of 12 eligible proposals were selected on the basis of an evaluation by a panel of experts meeting from May 22 to 24, 2023.
7 students recruited by the DIM C-BRAINS as part of the PhD program:
- Team: Molecular Control of Neuro-Vascular Development - Project leaders Guy Malkinson and Isabelle Brunet - Centre Interdisciplinaire de Recherches en Biologie (CIRB)
- Team: Dynamic and Pathophysiology of Neuronal Networks - Project leaders Laurent Venance and Bertrand Degos - Centre Interdisciplinaire de Recherches en Biologie (CIRB)
- Team: ATIP/Avenir "Stem cells in Neurodevelopment" - Project leader Stéphane Nedelec - Institut du Fer à Moulin (IFM)
- Team: Perception, Action, Cognition: Development & Plasticity Group - Project leader Daniel Margulies - Integrative Neuroscience Cognition Center (INCC)
- Team: PIROS: Perception, Interaction, Social Robotics - Project leader Malika Auvray - Institut des Systèmes Intelligents et de Robotique (ISIR)
- Team: Transmission of visual information: coding and visual restoration - Project leaders Matthew Chalk and Olivier Marre - Institut de la Vision (IdV)
- Team: InDEV in the UNIACT unit - Project leader Jessica Dubois - CEA NeuroSpin-NeuroDiderot.
In addition, 5 students were recruited by the Institut du Cerveau.
- Team: Neurophysiology - Project leader Nelson Rebola
- Team: CIA: Cognitive Control - Interoception - Attention - Project leader Hilke Plassmann
- Team: PICNIC Lab - Project manager Paolo Bartolomeo
- Team: Aramis - Project leader Daniel Racoceanu
- Team: FRONTLAB: Function and dysctions of frontal systems - Project leader Antoni Valero Cabré
Registration dates for the Doctoral Schools and Universities of Ile-de-France depend on each Doctoral School and University.
International PhD Program, 2023-2024 Edition
Schedule for the 2023-2024 edition of the PhD Program International:
- September 15, 2023: submission of thesis proposals opens.
- October 15, 2023: closing date for submission of thesis topics.
- November 6, 2023: thesis topics go online and student applications open.
- January 29, 2024: closing date for student applications.
Once again this year, the program will be run jointly with the Institut du Cerveau and the Fondation des Neurosciences de Paris (FNP).
As a reminder, the DIM C-BRAINS international doctoral program is exclusively aimed at students currently enrolled in a master's program outside France.
In addition to a 3-year salary, this competitive regional program offers a scientific bonus, as well as assistance in setting up in the Paris region, supported by the FNP.
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org
15 September 2023
15 October 2023
06 November 2023
29 January 2024
14 February 2024
20 March 2024
24 April 2024
28 May 2024
07 June 2024